I'm sitting in class right now on my lunch break, transferring old blogs to this new blog. Tedious much?!
Going to the gym tomorrow and still maintaining my no carbs no sugar situation. I just have to close my eyes and keep saying "BIKINI BODY! BIKINI BODY!". But while my eating is strict and simple, the hubs still gotta eat.
Enter the baked oatmeal.
While I'm trying to slim down, Hubs is trying to bulk up, and cooking breakfast in the morning for a military man can sometimes be nonexistent. And we all know that preparation is the key to success! I can't have any awesome,delicious oatmeal but he can.
Berry Baked Oatmeal
Makes 8 servings for a healthy hubby
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (or gluten free oats)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup blueberries and strawberries
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (sprinkle more on top if you want)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almonds, smashed
- Preheat oven to 350 and coat an 8 X 8 inch baking pan with non stick spray.
- In a bowl, combine, all of the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a measuring cup, melt butter and add the egg and beat. Pour in the milk, vanilla and the crushed nuts until everything is combined.
- Add most of the berries (I saved some for the top).
- Pour into the pan and bake for 30 minutes. Add a bit more almond milk if necessary.
- Sprinkle the rest of the berries on top to make it prettyful!
- I wanted mine to be solid but soft, that way the hub can just add some almond milk and pop it into the microwave.
Post a Comment
Leave Some Positive Energy Here!