Instead of listening to others, magazines, and blogs, I'm going to listen to my body. For example, I know for a fact that my body does well with lots and lots of cardio and videos that use body weight as resistance. Eventually I will go back to weights, but right now I'm going to focus on cardio and fitness videos. I also know that I need to run to get these legs in check. I abhor running. Big time. But not only do I need to tone my legs, but I also need to get my cardio breathing back up. I was dancing with some students in the hallway and I was so out of breath. Huh? That's what happens when you take time off.
And speaking of time off, my hair and I are going to be taking a break. While I have enjoyed our relationship, I think its time to make other arrangements. I have found a new boo and his name is weave. We are going to try this weave thing one more time and hope that it works for the best. As you can see from my date night pics, my hair was disrespected by the humidity and the abusive relationship needs to be stopped.
- 4 oz cooked ribeye (or whatever cut you like)
- 1 roma tomato
- red onions
- spring mix salad (I also added romaine)
- 1/2 avocado
- red bell pepper
- Feta cheese
- 1 Large and 2 small kitchen bags
- oil based Caesar dressing
I like to add everything at the last minute so I warp everything separately until its time to put it all together.
- Cut your cooked steak up into the appropriate salad eating size. I prefer smaller pieces so I can get the most bang in the salad. Once cut, stick in a little sandwich bag with some of the oil based Caesar.
- Portion out your feta into the other small baggy. I marinate my feta in olive oil and fresh basil. My Greek friend taught me this method and I've never looked back.
- Cut have your avocado, sprinkle with salt and add a little lemon juice. It will brown a bit but that's ok. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- In the large bag, add your salad, tomato, bell pepper, and onions. Then throw in your wrapped avocado, steak baggy, feta baggy, and a little container of dressing.
- When its lunch time, take everything out of the bag except the spring mix and pour in dressing. Mix all around. Pour in the steak. Shake.
- Then pour into your bowl and add the feta and avocado on top. Lunch is served!
Do you think a detox can be beneficial? Which ones have you tried?